A lot of thanks for your so complete explanations, they're very interesting. I knew that Canonical Hours were so variable, but I tried to set a trade-off between simplicity and their original definition. However, perhaps I was too optimistic or simplistic and it isn't really possible to implement these hours with a reasonable accuracy in a more or less straightforward way. I'll keep studying your e-mails and other sources on the topic
and then I'll decide what to do next.

By the way, in our bulletin "ANALEMA" nr 37 there is an interesting article by MM Valdes on "Gouliardic Canonical Hours" as described in "Ye good love book", a delicious satyrical work made by a Spanish archpriest in the XIVth century in the fashion of
Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales", so to say.

Well, in paragraphs 372 to 387 the book describes canonical hours from Matinae to Completae and explains what gouliards (that is, itinerant monks not adscribed to a monastery and therefore having usually dissipated way of life) did on each of them at the time. Acording to MM Valdes, there is an *implicit* second meaning on each
of the tasks he describes, being all of them sexually *explicit*.

Fortunately for the decency and good name of this Mailing List, the text is too difficult for me to translate into English without loosing the second meanings, so I'm afraid
I have to finish at the most interesting  :-D

Best regards,

Anselmo Perez Serrada