Dear Shadow Watchers,

Since there seems some interest in stab dials I include this comment
on an meridianal analemma in that form.  If there are others involved
in stab/groove/slit dials or that have seen literature regarding them I'd
enjoy hearing about it.

Stab Dial - Two - Analemma
If one makes a long point roughly a one half degree cone and
positions it to minimize the sun’s shadow then forces it into a
surface, the stabbed hole when filled with light will indicate
that solar azimuth and elevation.

If one makes such stabbed holes in a sphere, just at noon, with
the point always pointed toward the sphere’s center, and at a
number of days interval inbetween, at the year’s end there will
be an analemma of stabbed holes.  This is a meridianal stabbed
analemma dial.  Of course, just like shadow dials these holes can
be made in any surface and scattered about and still work.  In
fact several of the same azimuth/elevation holes can be made
through a wall to illuminate some figure to celebrate some date
and time, or other purpose.