From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 November 2003 17:42
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: Re: BBC radio program(me) on sundials on 13 Dec.

In a message dated 2003/11/27 02:50:54 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> BBC Radio 4  will carry a 30-minute show on sundials on Saturday, 13
> December at 1530 GMT.
>
> It's of course easy to hear in the UK, but anyone with a Web
> connection who can stream audio can also listen at
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/
>
> or through the ether on long wave at 198 meters.

I have a shortwave receiver that picks up BBC on 5975 kHz rather
well.  Will the program be at that frequency also?  (This ancient
computer won't handle streaming audio.)

What would the frequency of 198 m be?  Is that a band, rather than a
frequency?  Haven't heard of that band, but I'm a rank novice
at this sort of thing.  Let's see... 299792458/198 = 1514 kHz  (Not
correcting for the refractive index of air.)  Have I messed that up?

Thanks!
John Bercovitz