Hi Terry

That's a wonderful idea too:  a poor man's terrazzo!

The original idea of the designing consultant was to have three separate
aperture gnomon interior sundials in the building on the east, south, and
west walls. (each dial would tell time/date for just a portion of the day)
They are not opposed to having the sundial face drawings on the walls as
well as the floors.

We're also discussing what I call "antiaperture" gnomon sundials.  These are
neat.  Imagine a large clear pane of clear or light colored glass on a wall.
And on this glass is a small very dark dot. Instead of a hole in a wall
casting a beam of light, the dark spot casts a shadow onto the sundial face.
(John Davis, do you have a term for these?)

Does anybody have any opinions on the practical differences of using
aperture gnomons versus antiaperture gnomons?

thanks

John

John L. Carmichael Jr.
925 E. Foothills Dr.