I'm sorry to say that my sundial reflector reply was really intended only for Tony Moss and the stupid way the sundial reflector works caused me to erroneously send my comment to everyone.

After some additional time on the 'net, I found that a UK bookstore named, "Blackwells" claims to have a new copy. I sent them an on-line order, received an acknowledgment, received confirmation of charging my credit card and then received a curious email explaining that shipment would take 30 days, based on average response from the publisher. I don't understand this and I sent an email asking for explanation but have so far received no reply. Do you know Blackwells? I'm hopeful that it is a reputable store.

In fact, I am a long-time precision mechanisms mechanical engineer and I even have a full metal-working shop in my home so that I can fabricate telescope parts. So, I understand exactly your comments about dividing heads, etc. I have worked primarily in what NASA calls "sensors" and I've built many Earth-orbiting and interplanetary science instruments over the years. I've been a member of NASS for about 5 years and have attended 3 annual meetings, most recently in Banff, Canada.

During the Banff conference, Tony mentioned the "Dividing the Circle:..." book but did not have the correct title. That's why he sent the email. This book is not in my personal library so I thought I'd get one.

I am primarily an antique scientific instrument collector, particularly 18th and 19th century physics demonstration equipment. But, I have a few :) sundials also.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to my incorrectly-addressed email!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The Book is out of print according to Amazon but Praxis still list it at I think around 45 dollars.

--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)