Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 10:51 PM
Subject: sundials in the Frankfurt region

Hi friends,
I am going to Frankfurt, Germany on business in mid-February, and am
wondering if there are good collections of sundials (portable or fixed) in
that neighborhood that I might  visit, and whom I should contact locally to
gain access to museum collections.

I am also interested in medieval and early renaissance mirrors, so if any
of you know of collections of those too, please let me know!

Best regards,
Sara

Sara Schechner, Ph.D.
David P. Wheatland Curator
Collection of Historical Scientific Instruments
Department of the History of Science
Harvard University, Science Center 251c
Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: 617-496-9542