Anselmo asked:

>Any previous experiences on this or alternate ways (maybe through AutoCad or
>so)?

I have been designing sundials for many years now using Adobe Illustrator
which is a 'high end' drawing program where all elements can be generated
by mouse or menu.  It plots angles to three decimal places with line
thickness which are almost infinitely variable among hundreds of other
relevant functions.

A major strength is the ease with which individuals, who would perhaps
classify themselves as 'non-artistic', can manipulate the aesthetic
elements of sundial artwork. In particular the generation, placing,
orientation and spatial adjustment of text elements is almost unlimited.
Of course a tool which offers this flexibility requires some effort to
master although the latest version has an excellent tutorial for
beginners on DVD I understand.   Unfortunately there isn't a button
labelled "Design a Beautiful Sundial" ;-)

Usual disclaimer.

Tony Moss