Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 2:03 AM
Subject: Freeze Frame Copying?

Hello all:

Fred Sawyer kindly loaned me 2 German VCR video tapes by Hans Behrent containing amateur movie footage that shows several rare lost stained glass sundials that we do not have on the SGS website.  This is the only visual record we have of these historic sundials.  He also sent me a transcript of the tapes written in German by Behrent.

I need to copy still shots of these sundials shown in the movie but I don't know how to do it other than to take pictures of the TV screen with the VCR on pause.  I had a professional movie studio copy them onto a DVD.  My computer has a DVD RW and a DVD R and came installed with Dell Media Experience.

I can now play the DVD copy of the movie and pause it on a particular frame on my computer, but I can't find a way to copy the frame so that I can send it to Photoshop to make a jpeg of it for the website.

Does anybody know how to copy still shots from a DVD?

thanks

John