I have two suggestions:

1.
The direction of the numbers.
For esthetical reasons I place the nummbers of an analemmatic sundial by
preference perpendicular to the ellipse curve.
An easy manner to do it: connect the hour points left and right of the number
to be placed with a line and place the number
perpendicular to this line.

2.
The date scale.
Mostly the date indication on both sides of the central north-south line is
placed close to this line.
One is than prone to stand on the date indication and not with the foots on
both side of the north-south line. You can see
this on many pictures of analemmatic dials. See one picture at
http://www.sunclocks.com/

To avoid this incorrect position let a path between the left and right date
indication.
You can see an example on the website of Frans Maes
http://www.biol.rug.nl/maes/zonnewijzers/welcome-e.htm, the pictue of the
analemmatic sundial in Murcia (Spain) and at
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/cadrans-solaires/monde/rasht/images/Abb.2.jpg

Willy Leenders
Hasselt, Flanders in Belgium