<x-charset windows-1256>I think there are two very similar but slightly
different mottos here using similar  but distinct verbs

Praetereo - go by, pass by (ae not oe I think)

Pereo - perish, pass away, vanish

The meaning is essentially the same - they [the hours] pass and are reckoned

Perhaps a Latinist can comment on the relation between the two words?

Also

Eheu fugaces, labuntur anni - (labuntur not labantur I think) - derives from
Horace, Odes 2 14, meaning something like

Alas, the fleeting years slip away

though in the original the proper name of the friend to whom it is addressed
occurs twice in the middle of it (Postume, "O Postumus"). Another sundial
connection: from Boswell's Life of Johnson:

An instance at once of his pensive turn of mind, and his cheerfulness of
temper, appeared in a little story which he himself told to Mr Langton, when
they were walking in his garden: 'Here (said he,) I had put a handsome
sun-dial, with this inscription, Eheu fugaces! which (speaking with a smile)
was sadly verified, for by the next morning my dial had been carried off.'

Andrew James