John,

Just follow the details of the sundial experiment by Mark, another
sixth grader.  Instead of the pencil as described, stand a student up
each hour (or two) as a gnomon and record the shadow position.

His report of his experiment is in my CLOCKS and TIME pages under
Education and then Sundial Experiment.  Guaranteed to be correct for
your latitude and longitude!

Gordon

You wrote:

>Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 17:49:15 -0400
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I am trying to find information about how I might construct a sundial
using a
>person as the gnomon.  I want to do this with my sixth grade students.

(snip)

--
Clocks & Time: http://198.87.193.150/~clocks/clocks/clocks.html
current: http://glen-ellyn.rice.iit.edu/~clocks/clocks/clocks.html