From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: Shadow Clock/Sundial Request

I'm looking for information for my father on building a "shadow clock" for a
re-creation of a biblical marketplace at his church.  The research I'm seeing
so far indicates that shadow clocks were predecessors to the sundial and the
sundial was actually being used centuries prior to Christ's life.  One
contact indicated that shadow clocks and sundials were the same thing - Could
you confirm this information or send me somewhere to find a definitive
answer?  We would like to gather as much information as possible about the
time-keeping devices most probably being used during that time, along with
details on how to build such a timepiece.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Kim Mullaney
Chesapeake, VA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]