Ross McCluney wrote:
> The dial is on the University of Texas Pan American campus in Edinburg.  It is
> a combined solar time and standard time dial, so I thought of calling it the
> world's largest standard time dial.  Do any of you know of any standard
> time dials that are larger, and can you think of any other way to give it a
> claim to fame?
>
> Here are the particulars.  The gnomon is a simple, relatively uninspired,
> triangular shaped vertical obelisk with an 8" diameter opaque sphere on top.
> The center of the sphere is 19.37 ft above the "Plaza of the Sun" surface,
> which, for drainage, slopes away from the base of the obelisk 1 ft in 50 ft,
> making it a very shallow conical receiving surface.  The Plaza is 100 ft in
> diameter, 50 ft in radius, which marks the limit of the dial markings, inlayed
> metals strips about 1/8" wide set into the concrete plaza floor.  There are
> solar time hour markings for each solar hour and standard time analemma-
> shaped markings for each standard time hour.  That's it.

Dear Ross McCluney,

I think there is a large horizontal dial with curves for the equation of time
at a financial bank in Munich, Germany.
The point where two walls of the building meets is used as the shadow casting
device.
I have no idea how high this point is, nor do I know how large the dials plane
is.
But I think Daniel Roth can give more details, so I ask him to do so.
Otherwise ask him. E-mail of Daniel :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fer J. de Vries
Netherlands.