On March 20, the declination of the sun is 0, so it rises
due east and sets due west.  The moons declination on that
day is almost -26 degrees so it rises south of east.

The full moon rise this past Tuesday was almost due east.
Unlike the sun, whose declination changes just a bit every
day, the declination of the moon changes a lot every day,
since it goes through the cycle from maximum to minimum
declination every month, while the sun takes a whole year
to go through that cycle.