Dear Sirs: Here's my problem. When my south vertical declining dial reads
11:00 my watch (set by _Click here: The official US time_
(http://www.time.gov/)
) reads 10:50, when it reads 12:00 my watch  reads 11:50 at 2:00 the watch
reads 1:50 and at 3:00 the watch reads 2:50. The location of the dial is at
33.44N and 118.1W, the declination of the wall is between .1 degree and 2.7
degrees west of south depending on the accuracy of the measurement. I used two
methods one from _www.precisionsundials.com/walldeclination.exe_
(http://www.precisionsundials.com/walldeclination.exe)  which produced the .1
degree and the
other from _Click here: Sundial Sculptures by John Carmichael, Jr._
(http://www.sundialsculptures.com/index.html)  which produced 2.7 degree based
on the
measurements I gave him. John was extremely helpful and even sent dial plate
with
gnomon measurements. The times above were taken on 5/13/07. The standard time
meridian in my area is 120 degrees, me being at 118.1 = equals approximately 4
minutes and the EOT on the 13th is 3:44 (from table A.1 in Sundials - Their
Theory and Construction, by Albert E Waugh, that's still only adds up to  7:44.
If this is the wrong forum for this kind of problem please let me know, any
and all help is appreciated.
Thanks Dave Koller

 (http://www.time.gov/)