Greetings,

I am a new member and have what is probably a very simplistic  question.  My
apologies in advance.

When considering a flat, fixed sundial (not an equatorial dial) it appears
that to get the sundial as close as possible to watch time you set it to the
latitude and then adjust it for the longitude when laying out the hour  lines.
Having done all that, am I right in assuming that you are still at  the mercy
of the Equation of Time and will need to add/subtract minutes to the  dials
time to equal watch time?  - or is it somehow possible to adjust a  flat, fixed
sundial to incorporate the equation of time also?

Thank you for any guidance/help you will tender.

Sincerely,

Duane Thomson