On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:57:24PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Having done all that, am I right in assuming that you are still at  the mercy
> of the Equation of Time and will need to add/subtract minutes to the  dials
> time to equal watch time?  - or is it somehow possible to adjust a  flat,
> fixed sundial to incorporate the equation of time also?

Yes you are right, and yes, you can incorporate the EOT.  Curved lines is the
simplest way but you need to keep track of which half of the year you are in
and the dial tends to be cluttered.  Have a look at the Sawyer Equant dial at
http://www.precisionsundials.com for a clever technique of rotating a
horizontal dial.

Karl