Dear Dialling Colleagues,

  I'm please to report that I have just got my broadband back after 12 days
off-air following the lightning strike.  As you can imagine, I have something
of a backlog!

  You can all send me your articles for publication in the BSS Bulletin again!

  Regards,

  John Davis
  BSS Editor

Douglas Bateman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  No, not a dial destroyed, but the Editor of the British Sundial Society
Bulletin has telephoned me to ask if the List can be alerted to the
fact that he is off-line.

A thunderstorm a week ago took out many lines, including (we assume)
his ADSL component of the internet connection. Local flood damage may
be impeding repairs, which could be completed "within a week".

John therefore apologises if anyone has been trying to send him
material for publication.

Regards, Doug

PS This list, being what it is, is bound to bring forth stories of
dials that HAVE been struck by lightning...