Dear John,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
The Wilanow Palace sundial photo and its description can also be found
at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Warsaw_Wilanow_Palace_sundial.jpg
This is indeed an interesting sundial, but also an interesting photo.

Karl Schwarzingers photo led him to state that "Chronos holds style with
a pierced gnomon shaped as sun", and indeed it looks that way in his
photo. The hi-res one clearly shows that the supposed pierced gnomon
actually is a sun face stuck to the wall. So the date is read at the tip
of the rod, which fits in with the date the photo was taken: June 25.

In addition, the rod is not a pole style, which is clear from the fact
that its shadow does not line up with the hour lines.

Best regards,
Frans