Dear Keith,
Ah, that's not quite what most replies assumed! Yes, you certainly can
calculate straight hourlines radiating out from the foot of an
arbitrary-length horizontal gnomon for a particular date.
Here's how I would solve it:

As you may know or can probably visualise, a south-facing vertical sundial
is exactly the same (as far as the sun is concerned) as a horizontal sundial
at a latitude 90 degrees south of yours. Your horizontal gnomon sticking out
at right angles to the dial becomes a vertical stick when transported 90
degrees to the south. (90 degrees south of Texas takes you to somewhere in
the South Pacific, I guess.)

So, your question is equivalent to asking about hourlines radiating from the
foot of a vertical gnomon at a location 90 degrees south of you. Their
angles are given by the sun's azimuth at that location on that date and
time. That's a very well-known problem. For instance, the British Sundial
Society Website (http://www.sundialsoc.org.uk/) has a formulas page (click
on "Formulae and Glossary" in the left margin, then on "Equations". Scroll
down to the azimuth equation.) Note that the azimuth equation needs you to
know the sun's declination for that date. You could calculate it or look it
up in tables. Also, be sure to put in the location's latitude as negative
since it is in the southern hemisphere. If you are 30 degrees north, 90
degrees further south would be at -60.
The top centre of your dial is equivalent to the due north point on the
horizontal dial, so azimuths are relative to this.

Good luck
Chris Lusby Taylor
51.4N 1.3W