Dear dialling colleagues,

I'm currently studying Henry Wynne's 1682 double horizontal dial at Wrest Park.
I haven't been able to get a good translation of all the mottoes - an unusual
number for a relatively early dial. They include:

"Omnia fert aetas, secum aufert omnia secum" (I believe the first phrase is
'Time brings all things', from Virgil). (Note some confusion between 'f's and
the long-s possbile here)

"Minuta sunt quae Spectas, non quae Perdis" (Gatty has a version starting
"Minutae" (pl.) which she translates as 'what you look at are minutes, not what
you lose')

"Tenere non potes" (Gatty gives 'You can avoid wasting a day, you cannot hold
it")

Can any classics scholars do better, please?

Dr J Davis
Flowton Dials