Dear Roger, Damia and all,

Instead of fiddling with the display settings of the monitor, I use the
Pen Tool of my image processing program, Paint Shop Pro, to measure wall
declination. I guess other programs have a similar tool.

When drawing a straight line over a sharp picture element parallel to
the wall (roof ridge, roof edge, street side,...), the status bar shows
the direction in 1 decimal. I assume that it is the arc-tangent of the x
and y displacements in pixels. With a good quality of the satellite
image, the accuracy is about 0.5°.

An assumption for this method is, of course, that the x and y pixel
distances of the satellite image are equal.

Best regards,
Frans Maes