Frank King wrote:
> Dear All,
>                  Happy Equinox
>
> As well as grumbling about Daylight Saving Time
> I do frivolous things like designing sundials...
>
> I decided it was time that rather more of the
> world knew about Babylonian Hours and Italian
> Hours so, yesterday, I (and many others) put
> up my latest creation on a south-facing wall of
> Selwyn College, here in Cambridge (a place that
> does its best to educate people!).
>
> You can see some of the action at:
>
>    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~fhk1/SelwynPic.jpgl

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on a very handsome dial, beautifully conceived and then
realized by the Cardozo Kindersley workshop.
That PDF will come in very handy when explaining other delineations.
Thank you!

Anyone wishing to develop those wonderful carved lettering skills in
slate would be well advised to seek out a copy of the fully illustrated
"Letters Slate Cut" by Kindersley & Cardozo  ISBN 0 9501946 7 0 where
the tools and techniques are described in detail.

Tony Moss