hi all,

who receives the newsletter of Sundial Atlas (www.sundialatlas.eu) is already
informed, for the other people I've some news.

The software has a nearly complete operability, some other functions will be
added on september when, with the last steps, the site management will
definitely pass from the webmaster to the users, that is to the users who are
interested to manage the data of an area they choose to verify.
In this way the international gnomonics comunity will be autonomous to manage
the site. I will be present only to modify or to fix or to improve the software
if necessary. I'll give you the details on september.

Now I write you to announce a new function, since yesterday it is possible to
vote the sundials posted during the month of august:
- the sundials posted in august have a new icon, a trophy
- with a click on this icon you go to the bottom of the window where it is
possible to vote from 1 to 5 (or not vote so it is zero)
- it is possible to change the vote because it is kept on memory
- it is possible to vote every sundial posted on august, from today to the end
of the month.
- on september 1st, the contest will be closed, the results will be published
on the home page and a new contest will start, so you will see the first 6
sundials voted the month before.
- you may vote the sundials posted by other users or the sundial you decide to
propose, posting it.

This is an istitutional contest, in other words it is directly managed by
Sundial Atlas. On september it will be possible to plan own contests, that is
contests with a selection of sundials for personal purpose or magazines or
associations. I'll be back on this matter.

All the functions are completely automatic, so now I can leave for my holiday,
Sundial Atlas will work for you, enjoy yourself,

ciao, Fabio Savian

Fabio Savian
fabio.sav...@nonvedolora.it
Paderno Dugnano, Milan, Italy