Fellow Shadow Watchers,
                                       It is some years since I
installed the World's most northerly sundial at Longyearbyen on the
island of Spitbergen at 78° 13' north.  Recently there has been some
interest expressed in  size-reduced copies of the plate (no gnomon) in
stainless steel as a display item.  As the cost of these reduces with
quantity I wonder how many diallists, if any?, or those looking for an
unusual birthday or Christmas gift for a diallist, might be interested
in acquiring one.  See it in daylight and at midnight on midsummer day.
(Photo: Louise Rigozzi)

http://www.lindisun.demon.co.uk/longyearbyen.html

The original is 400mm A/F (across the flats of the outer octogon.)

Two sizes are being considered, both etched and 'filled' in 1mm thick
satin finished stainless steel  with a green baize covering bonded to
the back. These are mostly hand made by a professional photoetching
company.  While they are certainly not cheap they are high quality
limited editions of a unique sundial.

150mm A/F  (If at least  5+ are ordered)  UK£65 including VAT  reducing
to £30 if larger quantities are ordered.

200mm A/F  (If at least 5+ are ordered)  UK£90 including VAT  reducing
to £50  if larger quantities are ordered.

Please contact me off List to express a serious but 'no obligation'
interest.

Tony Moss