Hi Bailey:

I live in Ukiah, California where one of the five Latitude observatories
(all at 39 deg 08 min North) operated for almost 100 years starting
around 1899.  It turns out that finding the Latitude was a much harder
problem to solve than finding the longitude.
http://www.prc68.com/I/UkiahObs.shtml

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com