I learned from JD Gard's website for the ATEN sundials that David
(Gard?), the inventor of the Aten heliochronometer, has died.

I do not know if the company will still sell the sundial.

I own one of the models, and it is a favorite to show guests.  It is
readable to better than 1 minute.  I did not know Dave, but I certainly
admired his originality and skill in manufacturing.

It is worth noting that craftsfolk are mortal, and often their art
disappears with them.  When I see a dial I like and can afford, I
generally buy it sooner rather than later.  You never know when someone
will stop making a dial, whether by choice or not.

-Bill