Hello

British Sundial Society Annual Conference 2011 – Wyboston Lakes, 29th April –
1st May 2011

Now that the New Year has arrived it seems appropriate to mention the
forthcoming 2011 British Sundial Conference which will be held at the end of
April.  This year we shall be meeting on the border of Cambridgeshire and
Bedfordshire in Wyboston Lakes which is near the quaint market town of St
Neots.  We shall be staying at the very well appointed Robinson Executive
Centre there. The centre is very easy to get to by road, train or air and
because this is a conference venue, all activities are being held in the same
building.

The Conference will consist of oral presentations about sundials and related
issues, a display by attending delegates of interesting dial related items that
they have brought to the meeting and a Saturday afternoon coach tour of some
interesting dials in the area. Good food, a bar and good company are assured!

The 2011 Andrew Somerville Lecture:  "Ne quid pereat: researching and
collecting sundials in the age of precision timekeeping" will be delivered by
Dr Rebekah Higgitt, Curator for the History of Science and Technology at the
National Maritime Museum, London.  We already have offers for a full programme
of lectures.

Why not join us for an interesting and enjoyable weekend?  You do not have to
be a Member of the Society to attend.

Further information about all the arrangements for this meeting, some pictures
of the venue and a downloadable booking form can all be found at our special
Wyboston Lakes Conference page.  There is a link to it from the home page of
the society's web site  (http://sundialsoc.org.uk) or it may be accessed
directly at any time by using the short-form direct link:

http://bit.ly/wyboston

I do hope we may be able to welcome members of this sundial mail list to the
meeting.  If you should have any queries do please get in touch with me off
list at conferen...@sundialsoc.org.uk

Regards

Patrick Powers
BSS 2011 Conference Organiser