Did you see the perigee equinox full moon rise this evening? We walked down to
the nearby east facing shore to see it rise. The horizon was remarkably clear
and the rising moon was beautiful over the water, a large burnished golden orb
rising just after 8 pm. At the lunar perigee the moon is closest to us so the
moon looks bigger, a full 31'51" in diameter. Today was just before the
equinox, 20 March 23:21 UTC. The sun set due west and rises due east. As this
this full moon is just before the equinox, we have to wait a month for Easter.

The sun is not everything. We enjoyed the reflected glories of a perigee
equinox moonrise.

Regards, Roger