Dear all,
I enjoy calendar stories, I did too took a while to know BP meant
Before Present, I actually  thought it was a typographic fault in the
guides we use in the museum.
BP is used among the scientific community to avoid, among other
things, the christian connotation. Muslims, Jews and Chinese go their
own way, and probably others too.
But this thing of CE/BCE seems pointless to me, trying to get rid of
the christian connotation by hiding the word but not the concept.
I don't mind variety, as long as we are able to translate, as we do
with language.
BC and AC seems the most clear to me. A little bit of English is
needed though. AD, the Anno Domini seems a bit too overloaded, good
for the Latin enthusiasts, I'm more on the Greek side of the road.
I wish you all a happy winter solstice ( in that we agree, don't we?)
full of sunshine for our minds, bodies and sundials.
Roser Raluy
42º13'31''N
2º51'43''E