Darek,

You need only one hour-angle in the morning and one hour-angle in the afternoon
to calculate the latitude and the orientation of the sundial.
The hour angle = 15° x (12 - hour)

On my website you can see the calculation method and a calcualtion-example for
a sundial in the abbey of Rolduc (The Netherlands)
The language is Dutch but the formulas are international.
http://www.wijzerweb.be/berekening.html

Some translations:
H =hour angle in the morning
H' = angle of the corresponding hour line angle with the 12 o'cloCk hour line
J = hour angle in the afternoon
J' = angle of the corresponding hour line angle with the 12 o'cloCk hour line

phi = latitude
D = orientation of the sundial (gnomùonic declination)

Willy Leenders
Hasselt in Flanders (Belgium)

Visit my website about the sundials in the province of Limburg (Flanders) with
a section 'worth knowing about sundials' (mostly in Dutch):
http://www.wijzerweb.be

Op 11-jan-2012, om 00:32 heeft Darek Oczki het volgende geschreven: