From: Frank King <frank.k...@cl.cam.ac.uk>
To: Reinhold Kriegler <reinhold.krieg...@gmx.de>
Sent: Tue, May 15, 2012 1:05 pm
Subject: Re: Why are schools, across the world, 'banning' analemmatic sundials ?

Dear Reinhold,
You write...
  Create a wall of shame with lots
 of funny comments...
Your story is full of drama.  There is
ood news...
  ...Herr Kriegler sei der beste Lehrer an
 der Schule...
Then the bad news...
  ...da hatte dieser Satz die Wirkung eines
 Stichs in ein Wespennest.
Some people suffer a kind of allergic reaction
hen they see an Analemmatic Sundial.  This
eaction sometimes results in serious brain
amage.
There must be an evolutionary explanation?
Perhaps, when seeing a user standing on an
nalemmatic sundial looking up and down at
is own shadow, these people are reminded
f a Cobra about to attack?
This brings on a desire to destroy the
nake and its environment.
You can test your own sensitivity when you
ook at this cartoon:
  http://www.cartoonstock.com/cartoonview.asp?catref=jcon3346
Does this give you a headache?
Tschüß