Hello Ken,

Since I don't have the skills myself, I'm hoping someone on this list will accept your challenge to design a sundial for Armstrong's landing site, and share the design with us.

Best wishes,

Mac Oglesby

Hi everyone,

I finally got to meet Homer Hickam the author of Rocket Boys at the Science and Engineering Festival in Washington DC. I designed a sundial based on the book (file attached) in 2004 while doing educational sundial displays telling people about the two sundials that NASA put on the Mars rovers. I am now reading his new book Crater which is about people living on the moon in the future. He talks about the long shadow, periods of darkness, when the sun is not up. What would a horizontal sundial look like on the moon at the Neil Armstrong landing site? What kind of time system would be used on the moon? I am just looking for some ideas to suggest to him to include a sundial in his next book. Thanks in advanced. Ken Clark Elizabethtown, PA

Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:onebkpic (2).jpg (xxxx/«IC») (003222A2)