The transit went almost perfectly in southern Delaware.  After a day of scattered clouds to clouldy to broken clouds, the sky opened up crystal clear at the right time: 6:04 PM and it stayed clear until sunset.

We had two sites: one at the entrance to Lewes, DE on Delaware Bay and another on the eastern shore of Rehoboth Bay.  Both sites had clear viewing almost to the horizon (Delaware is very flat).  We had two scopes, one an antique, in Lewes and we ended up with seven at Rehoboth Bay.  About 250 visitors came to each site.  We even had a visiting scope from New Jersey as the observer had to chase the clouds over 100 miles to find our clear spot to videotape the transit.  The event was covered by TV and several newspapers.  It had been advertised on the local radio station.

Given the range of instruments available, visitors could view the transit in magnifications ranging from a sun funnel in steps up to about 150x with a variety of filters.  NASA supplied us with ample handout material and eclipse glasses were supplied.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience and everyone seemed to enjoy the rare experience.

Best regards,

Jim
James E. Morrison
janus.astrol...@verizon.net