There are apparently a few drawings on the subject but this description fits,
especially with reference to the watch. There is no image.
Rowlandson would seem the first choice but his drawings are more detailed.

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/collection/810682/the-irish-footman

The Irish Footman.
        * current tab: Overview
        * Further details
Overview
Creator:
After George Moutard Woodward (1760-1809) (designer)
Creation Date:
published 25 Mar 1808
RCIN
810682
A footman carries a sundial into the sitting room, where the master is
laid up with gout. He is furious, as the footman could not set his watch by the
sundial, but instead dug up the sundial itself !