I will start a guess.  I think the Hour hand below the gnomon was to be set
manually by the user to align with the shadow line from the gnomon.  This
hand was mechanically linked to the central clock dial minute hand, to show
minutes past the hour.  In this manner, a user would use the sundial to get
a close estimate of the exact time, told by an hour hand and a minute hand.
 There exist other less complicated examples of German dials using a minute
hand mechanically linked to some kind of moveable shadow indicator.

The other clock dials seem to show day-of-week and day of month, and maybe
a lunar calendar as well.  Maybe there is an equation of time mechanism as
part of the calendar, but I can not tell.  How these would function, I have
no idea, but I can't imagine that they were mechanically linked to the
sundial.

-Bill