Len,
I know a single sundial in Dubai on the grounds of a mosque next to the
Dubai Creek.
http://www.intmath.com/blog/dubai-math-and-science/1199

I also read the news that is being built the largest sundial in the world using
the shadow of the Burj Khalifa skyscraper:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40114886 @ N05/6946793366 /

http://nbnl.globalwhelming.com/2010/11/25/worlds-biggest-sundial-the-burj-khalifa-dubai/

 I also know that an Italian architect ( Arch. Paolo Ficara- Canicattini
Bagni- Siracusa) has designed and built a large sundial for an
international exhibition in Dubai (but I do not think it is more visible).
See the article in "The Journal of Sicily" of 01.12.2013
http://www.gds.it/gds/sezioni/vitapiaceri/dettaglio/articolo/gdsid/305695/

------------------ -

Thibaud,
the general rule that you remember (a sundial in every mosque) is no
longer followed
by many years.
Already a few centuries ago (starting from about the sixteenth century),
almost all the sundials in the mosques were destroyed and replaced
with mechanical
clocks.
Now from electronic billboards :-)
The same thing happened of the sundials on public buildings and churches in
Europe.

Fortunately, some dials have remained intact.

Almost all are from the Ottoman period, after 1350.
 A few dozen in Istanbul and in Turkey, very few in Cairo and in famous
mosques in the Islamic world (Damascus, Kairouan, Tunis, etc.).
All of these are described in my book  “*Le meridiane dell’antico Islam”*

See a description of this book in

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6616660/ISLAMIC%20SUNDIALS_Some%20pages.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6616660/ISLAMIC_SUNDIAL_Note.pdf

The marks of midday ( *noon indicator *or better indicators of the instant of
the prayer Zhur) are very rare and, in my research which has lasted for many
years, I found only three, all in Isfahan (Iran).
One, that you indicate,  in the Masjid-e Shah Mosque or Mosque of the King,
and was  built by the mathematician and poet Sheikh Baha (1547-1625), a
second in the Friday Mosque;  a third, consisting of a rectangular stone,
75cm high, covered by a long inscription is in the Religious School named
Chahar Bagh (Four Gardens), and was built in 1932 (8 Aban 1311 HE).

It has now been moved and no longer indicates the hour of noon.

I never knew of sundials in Dubai, with the exception of the modern mentioned
above.

Gianni Ferrari