From: Larry McDavid <lmcda...@lmceng.com>
To: Brooke Clarke <bro...@pacific.net>; Sundial Reflector <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 2:02
Subject: Re: Design of Cards for Campbell Stokes Sunshine Recorder

Brooke, I have a C-S sunshine recorder with slots in the arms for insert cards;
the slots allow inserting the cards in two N-S positions. I have, I believe,
two types of cards to fit my slots. I don't remember what each card type is
meant for, however. The glass spherical ball is about 92 mm diameter.

One card is 35.9 mm wide with straight sides; the other card is 30.18 mm wide
with curved sides. Both cards have a blue face with white nomenclature;
printing on the back is in German.

If helpful, I could scan the cards.

Larry

On 4/18/2014 4:05 PM, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I just got one of the Campbell Stokes Sunshine Recorders but it came
> without any of the cards.
> I'd like to make cards for Winter, Equinox and Summer seasons.  Is there
> any information about doing that available>
> It appears that each of them has a different width probably so you use
> the correct card in the correct slot.
> Winter: 38mm, Equinox: 42 mm, Summer:  33mm
>
> http://www.prc68.com/I/CampbellStokes.html

-- Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)