So . . . what is the explanation? From the angle of the tracks it looks quite far north (or south). Can the curvature of the soup can do it? I can't see how, whether it was vertical or horizontal.

John

-----Original Message----- From: Thibaud Taudin Chabot
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 10:11 AM
To: Sundial list
Subject: Re: Sun tracks

Do I see a retrograde? (Same azimut, different moments). Where is
this picture made?
Thibaud

At 21:33 4-5-2014, Barry Wainwright wrote:
The BBC has a series of pictures taken by pinhole camera at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-27221895

Image 7 is described thus:
John Rigg: "This is a six-month exposure using a pinhole camera made from an empty soup tin and photographic paper, not film. The resulting image is then scanned and reversed. The trails mark the path of the sun across the sky as the seasons change. Days with broken cloud show as a dotted line."

--
Barry