Title: RV: Greenwich Meridei Redux
On 06/05/2014 14:14, Miguel A. G. Arrando wrote:

As a personal entertainment, few years ago I completed what I call The 0.0 sundial trial.

The idea was to create a sundial route where you can avoid the, always annoying, longitude correction.

Sundials between 0.099°E and 0.099°W were the reference.

That makes a strip of 10.52 miles or 16.93 Km. Aprox. Wide enough to find sundials but without a significant longitude distortion when you read the time (± 24 seconds)

I have recorded the province of Castellón, Spain (where the meridian begins it’s land route up north).

Perhaps somebody wants to extend it up and down.

<<...>>

Miguel A. G. Arrando

Yes, that would be a very good idea.

Richard Mallett