From: sundial [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On Behalf Of Bill Gottesman
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:13 PM
To: Robert Terwilliger
Cc: Sundials List
Subject: Re: The Bill Gottesman stance

I say we tack on as many names as possible.  Roger Bailey told me a few years
ago he reported on this stance independently.  -Bill

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Robert Terwilliger <b...@twigsdigs.com> wrote:

I have always been of the opinion that the optimal stance to assume as the
gnomon of an analamatic sundial is to stand with one’s back to the sun with
arms raised and palms together thus forming an arrow. What has been referred to
as “The Gottesman Stance” would certainly be  a significant improvement.

I’m sure my friend Bill will agree with me that hereinafter in the literature
the combination should be referred to as “The Terwilliger/Gottesman Stance”.

What say you?

ò¿ó¬

 ~

Bob