What a fantastic dial. It's brilliant Fabio!

Just imagine the fun you could have making it with a 3-D printer.

Cheers from a miserable, grey, cold, wet Sydney Australia

John

Dr John Pickard

john.pick...@bigpond.com

---- Fabio nonvedolora <fabio.sav...@nonvedolora.it> wrote:

=============
Hi all

on sunday there was the ‘Festa delle Meridiane’ (sundial feast) in Aiello, a
village in the NorthEast of Italy where there are 104 sundials and 2252
inhabitants.
There also was a contest to vote for the new 4 sundials (the winner is IT11058,
Sundial Atlas) and a stand of Orologi Solari (www.orologisolari.eu), the
italian magazine about gnomonics.

I prepared for them a paper display that I called paperhenge: it is an A1 paper
sheet (594 x 841 mm or 25.5 x 36.1 in) with a solar compass in the middle,
outlined for Aiello, and a layout to place 9 paper sundials, on a circle, from
120 E to 120 W, every 30°.
The paper models are the n. 3 of Gnomolab -Sundial Atlas, working with a
pinhole, printed with different background images, line colours, ecc.
I draw the layout with Indesign and I got the executive pdf (6.3 MB) for
digital print. I can easily adapt the layout for other place and event, if
anyone is interested to paperhenge I’ll be glad to custom it.
I attach an image, other photos are on Sundial Atlas to describe the event.

The event is in menu ‘gnomonics’ > ‘happenings’ > choose in the right column
‘shows the events of the past’ > choose ‘14a Festa delle Meridiane’ or click
here: www.sundialatlas.eu/atlas.php?show=85
The ‘path’ with all the sundials is ‘le meridiane di Aiello’

ciao Fabio

Fabio Savian
fabio.sav...@nonvedolora.it
www.nonvedolora.eu
Paderno Dugnano, Milano, Italy
45° 34' 10'' N, 9° 10' 9'' E, GMT+1 (DST +2)