I think they’ve made a mistake with the time! I googled it and all the
“official” sites have WW1 ending 11am. But if you Google “WW1 ended 11.11am”
you’ll get a whole lot of “amateur” sites saying it ended then! One even has
them signing the armistice at 11.11am, when obviously it would have had to be
signed before the fighting stopped (it was signed about 5am).
You’d think they would have checked that before creating the memorial!
It wasn’t just a mistake made by the blog, I checked the original website and
it says 11.11am...

It must have started when someone mistakenly added an extra 11 so it was the
11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th month!

* David Widdowson, ASTROVISUALS, *