From: sundial [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On Behalf Of Chi lian Chiu
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 1:51 AM
To: Sundial sundiallist
Subject: A translucent sundial

​Hi all,

I am very glad to inform you that several pictures of the translucent sundial
up in the sky as I mentioned two years ago are now available at

 <http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/1.jpg>
http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/1.jpg

 <http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/2.jpg>
http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/2.jpg

 <http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/3.jpg>
http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/3.jpg

 <http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/4.jpg>
http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/4.jpg

 <http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/5.jpg>
http://photo.xuite.net/nycl.chiu/6138077/5.jpg

The dial is attached to a public art sculpture, “The Gate of Ecology”.

name:  The Sundial of Ecology

type:  sloped

face plate material:  5 mm plus 8 mm double tempered glass

face treatment:  sandblasted to be translucent, leaving hour-lines transparent

hour numerals:  marked on the frame, not on the face plate

gnomon material:  stainless steel, #304

inclination:  10 degrees due west (west end is the lower end)

shape of the plate:  oval, 1.8 m by 1.2 m

center height from the ground:  5.7 m

location:  23.49N, 120.12E

designer:  Chi-Liang Chiu (individual) and Mega Design Co.

funding source:  Forestry Bureau, Council of Agriculture, Taiwan, Rep. of China

built date:  Nov. 2013

Have a nice day!

Chi-Liang

24.78N, 120.99E