Dan
The best way to test your sundial in in Sketchup itself. Turn on shadows and
set the time and date. I have carefully checked the Sketchup routines and they
correctly reflect the sun's actual altitude and azimuth. So you can track all
the effects of the Equation of Time, Longitude Offset, etc
Best wishes
Kevin