What am I saying??

You don't need the formula for the sun's brightness at different altitudes.

You just need to tip the color-sample card, from the horizontal, toward the
sun by an amount that's equal to the amount by which the summer-solstice
deciination (23.44 degrees?) will be greater than the solar declination on
the day of the experiment this week.

That will give the color-sample card the same solar illumination that it
will have at solstice noon.