Thanks to everyone who responded, on and off-list, to my inquiry about Great Circle Studio's web site. I used that web site because it had a facility for getting solar position data in a tabulated layout, at a chosen interval over a chosen date range (such as daily values  over a year). It was easy to move the table of data to other software for further processing.

Unfortunately, the clone of the Great Circle Studio webpage, as found by Googling, is not functional. It seems that someone ripped the original webpage but did not realize (and did not test) that the page is just a web form that has to be submitted to a server in order to generate the result data.

The alternative tools that respondents suggested are all very good, but the one that seems best suited to my specific purpose is the SPA [Solar Position Algorithm] Calculator hosted by the US National Renewable Energy Laboratory at http://midcdmz.nrel.gov/solpos/spa.html. It is very powerful, but has a small deficiency - the maximum interval allowed is 60 minutes, so if you want daily (noon) figures you must generate a year of hourly data and then discard most rows from the table of results.

Thanks again, all.

Steve