      From: Dan-George Uza <cerculdest...@gmail.com>
 To: Sundial List <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
 Sent: Friday, 10 August 2018, 9:23
 Subject: Dyptich sundial - help!

Dear all,
I've recently found this piece in a museum near me and I need your help in
dating it.
Why are the hour marks offset? I suspect a correction for latitude. And what do
the two small circular dials on the bottom measure?
Also what would be the purpose of the circular shape containing the alidade? I
suspect it has something to do with the winds.
Any info will be highly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dan Uza

--- End Message ---