(I seem to have sent this message only to two individuals, where I'd meant
to send it to the entire sundial list. So I'm sending this copy to the
list.)

Yes, the annual back-and-forth between WinterTime & SummerTime (Standard vs
Daylight-Saving Time) is obviously a really bad idea, especially given the
statistics described in the article.

But this notion that late day-start is better for teenagers is probably
based on an unquestioned assumption that they'll stay up late no matter
what. Should the time-system really be based on an assumption of compulsive
tv-watching?

For one thing, earlier is better.

For another thing, our diurnal schedule has been influenced by artificial
lighting, and thereby artificially pushed into the evening.  All-year
"SummerTime" or "Daylight-Saving Time" would be the easy way to bring us
back...to bring us closer to nature's solar time.

Evening dark is more dangerous than morning dark, whether one is concerned
about traffic-danger, or about encountering violence on the sidewalk.

All of the considerations point to the choice of all-year advanced-time.

2019-W03-6  (South-Solstice WeekDate Calendar)
2019  Month 1  Week 3  Saturday  (Equal 28-Day Months Calendar)

...where both calendars use the South-Solstice Nearest-Monday year-start
rule, whereby the calendar-year starts with the Monday whose midnight
start-time is closest to the South-Solstice.

...or closest to an arithmetical approximation of the South-Solstice based
on the assumption that a South-Solstice occurs exactly every 365.2422 days,
starting from the actual South-Solstice of Gregorian 2017.

(I suggest the latter, arithmetical, rule.)

Michael Ossipoff