Diese Nachricht wurde eingewickelt um DMARC-kompatibel zu sein. Die
eigentliche Nachricht steht dadurch in einem Anhang.

This message was wrapped to be DMARC compliant. The actual message
text is therefore in an attachment.
--- Begin Message ---
This story from the Hoover Dam should find interest from some of the
subscribers to this mailing list:

"The earth’s axial precession is a rather obscure piece of astronomy, and our
understanding of it through history has been spotty at best. That this major
engineering feat was celebrated through this monument to the axial precession
still held great interest to me, and I wanted to understand it better. […]

[T]he angle of Polaris was depicted as precisely as possible to show where it
would have been on the date of the dam’s opening. Hansen used the rest of the
plaza floor to show the location of the planets visible that evening, and many
of the bright stars that appear in the night sky at that location.

By combining planet locations with the angle of precession, we are able to
pinpoint the time of the dam’s completion down to within a day."

https://medium.com/the-long-now-foundation/the-26-000-year-astronomical-monument-hidden-in-plain-sight-9ec13c9d29b5

--- End Message ---